Thursday, July 30, 2009

How Much Sex is Enough Sex?

This is a popular topic. Are you having enough sex in your marriage? If you talk with some of your girlfriends, some will say that they really don't have sex that "often" since they've been married. Well, what does "often" mean? Once a month? Once a week? Once a day?

In looking to the internet for answers, there was a lot of information posted that will make you scratch your head. The wife that says, "I have sex with my husband several times a day" or the husband that says, "We have sex 20 times a week." What? Where are these people from?

So I turned to Dr. Phil who quoted several reliable sources listed below:

- Married couples say they have sex an average of 68.5 times a year. That's slightly more than once a week. — Newsweek

- 15 percent of couples have sex no more than 10 times a year, which experts define as a sexless marriage. — Newsweek

So what do you do when your husband comes to bed and wants to get "busy" and you REALLY are tired/have a headache/stomache/not in the mood? What if you don't feel like being intimate once a week? Love to hear your thoughts and experiences - feel free to comment.

1 comment:

  1. I define a sexless marriage as once a week my husband and I were together for 2 years before we got married and in that time our avg. was 4 times a day often it was more than 4 times a day very rarely, hardly ever less, 4*7 is 28 times a week. We were so spontaneous and it was so romantic but when we got married our sex life dropped from 28+ times a week to 7 sometimes 6, we have been married for 5 months and it’s not me that isn’t as... into intimacy as we were, its him. Kids change things I know but by the same token we have had a child since we got together. When is limited sexual intimacy too little? for me once a day is about 2 times a day too little. I have not changed physically and he has not either so what is it about marriage that sucks the sex out of sex-life? That’s what I want to know and why didn’t someone say something prior to the wedding? If I would have known I would have thought twice before taking the plunge!

    ReplyDelete